Here is a handy guide and steps to resolving Android Nougat (also applies to Android Marshmallow) notification issues. If you recently updated your device, some of the notification settings have changed, updated and gone to new standards.
If you are facing notification issues like no sound, not showing on screen or not showing the accept button here are some steps to resolve those concerns.
Step I - Clearing Cache:
The cache holds information about how apps are supposed to interact with the system, and can become corrupted over time. Clearing the cache doesn't erase any of your user data, but will force your apps to re-align themselves for optimal performance.
- Nexus: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/VEK0AzFu4w4
- Galaxy: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30240
Step II - Remove 6ya from Battery Optimization:
Doze (battery optimization) works like Standby on a PC: It’s a system service that ensures that battery usage is minimal when the device isn’t being used, isn’t plugged into power, and the display is off. While dozing, only high-priority notifications—SMS messages. phone calls, alarms, and so on—are allowed through. By excluding 6ya from this optimization we are ensuring push notification arriving always
1. Go to setting battery
2. Click the Menu on battery page and choose battery optimization
3. Clicked on Not optimized and go to all apps
4. On All Apps locate 6ya app and click on it
5. You should see the following screen
6. Click on Don't optimize and hit DONE
7. 6ya Should be located on the not optimized folder
8. All set - restart the phone
If you have any questions, concerns or hit any barriers as you attempt these steps please let us know! We are always here for you at [email protected] if you have any specific questions about receiving notifications.